Route Clearance Roller – Advanced
Vehicle Protection and Route Verification
The Advanced Route Clearance Roller from HRI is able to be tuned to target specific threats. This allows one roller to be used as a route verification tool for any threat from light trigger IEDs to Anti-Tank mines. Each HRI roller is custom configured for specific user mission requirements, while simplifying maintenance and reducing costs.
The Advanced Route Clearance Roller evolved from previous HRI efforts in the mine clearance field to increase accuracy of rollers through consistent ground coverage, maneuverability and leverage more common prime movers. The Advanced Route Clearance Roller was designed as a route clearance and route verification roller to be used in conjunction with higher speed mine and IED clearance. The independently- rotating roller banks improve handling for vehicles that require higher-speed capability.
Advanced Route Clearance Roller Features
- Increased safety through consistent ground coverage and terrain mapping
- Modular Design minimizes down time for simple repairs and routine maintenance using COTS parts
- Simplicity of design lowers total cost of ownership
- Quick assembly and breakdown to reduce logistics requirement
- Utilizes HRI common swing arm which has been thoroughly analyzed, tested in real world environments, and fielded
- Improved handling over HRI’s Basic Route Clearance Roller, ideal for missions requiring higher op-tempo
- Optional steering with hydraulic cylinders to improve turning radius is available