Senior Embedded Software Engineer
HRI is seeking an experienced embedded software engineer to help develop the next generation of our safe wireless controls. Candidates should have a strong academic background and experience with hardware and software development in complex, networked, timing and resource constrained systems. Because of our strong focus on safety and reliability, candidates must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Please fill out the pre-screening questions in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/FFNo4fwA1hMxzQpI3
- No applicant will be considered unless this form is submitted. Please email jobs__AT__hri.io if you encounter any problems.
- Embedded development including battery powered, microcontroller-based, rugged wireless safety systems
- New board bring up, debug, and BSP updates
- Internal and external product documentation including development plans, design, and user documentation
- Creation and execution of test plans for hardware and software validation
- Development and support of factory test environments for board and system level testing
- Compliance with safety and regulatory requirements (FCC, UL, CE, OSHA, RIA, TUV, etc.)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 6-10 years of experience developing real time bare metal and RTOS based microcontroller systems in C or C++
- Experience with timing critical battery powered wireless systems
- Very comfortable reading and interpreting schematics
- Experience with lab tools such as logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, multimeter, and oscilloscope
- Very familiar with SPI, I2C, RS-232, USB
- Experience with GIT or other version control software
- ARM Cortex M3
- CAN / J1939
- JAVA, Python, Make, GCC, Eclipse
- Schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Embedded WiFi and Bluetooth development
- SMT Solder
- Embedded linux
- Mobile App development
Humanistic Robotics, Inc. is dedicated to making the world safer and more efficient through the use of robotics, with total-system robotic integration and embedded electronics that help other robotic developers achieve their goals. HRI is presently focused on the development and manufacturing of an open-architecture control systems that enables complex system integration to happen at minimum cost and maximum flexibility. The first implementation of this control system is used to counter explosive threats affecting both soldiers and civilians in post-conflict environments. Our controls and safety systems continue to be integrated into a wide variety of applications including counter-IED and landmine clearance, construction, agriculture, and entertainment. We continue to develop products that increase the usability and safety of remotely operated and autonomous systems.
- Please email cover letter and resume to jobs__AT__hri.io.
- Projected start date as soon as possible; office located in Center City Philadelphia, PA.
- Responses requested from candidates only; No recruiters please.