PCB Designer and Electronics Technician
HRI is seeking a hands-on electronics technician to join our engineering team. Candidates should have a strong academic background and experience supporting the design, and integration of both hardware and software. HRI is a fast-paced, dynamic working environment where new challenges are often presented. Candidates should enjoy challenges and be able to adapt and learn new tasks and technologies quickly.
After submitting your resume, please complete the short pre-screen survey:
If you have any concerns or questions, please send an email to jobs(a)hri.io.
- Work with engineers to translate complex schematics into tightly integrate PCB designs
- Assist in the qualification of new designs through electrical and functional test plan development and execution
- Support the development of factory test systems and production at various contract manufacturers
- Assemble, test, inspect, package, and ship complex production products with high-quality and consistency
- Provide tier-1 support to customers for basic integration and in-system troubleshooting
- A PCB designer and electronics technician at HRI will work on a variety of novel robotic and industrial control systems. He or she will work closely with members of our interdisciplinary engineering and management team on the support and development of new products. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- PCB layout experience (Cadence Allegro or OrCAD preferred) in complex, multi-board system utilizing a constraint-driven process
- Experience using electrical troubleshooting tools such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Experience reading schematics and basic electrical troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Able to develop requirements and specifications.
- Ability to follow complex assembly instructions for both electrical and mechanical assemblies
- A discerning eye for quality in order to identify problems with assembled products and find and communicate solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Utilize computer-based inventory and task management tools
- Electronics: 1 year