Embedded Electronics Hardware Engineer
HRI is seeking a hands-on, embedded development engineer to join our engineering team and help us make the world safer and more efficient. Candidates should have a strong academic background and experience with hardware and software development in complex, data-intensive, networked systems. Because of our strong focus on safety and reliability, candidates must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Please fill out the pre-screening questions in this form: http://goo.gl/forms/f84Gviiult
- No applicant will be considered unless this form is submitted. Please email jobs__AT__hri.io if you encounter any problems.
- Hardware development including battery powered, multiprocessor, rugged wireless systems
- Support for existing products in production including software and hardware updates for EOL parts, cost reductions, new features, and manufacturing improvements
- Customer integration and marketing support
- Internal and external product documentation including development plans, design documentation, and user documentation
- Creation and execution of test plans for hardware and software validation
- Development and support of factory test environments for both board and system level testing
- Compliance with safety and regulatory requirements (FCC, UL, CE, OSHA, RIA, etc.)
An embedded development engineer at HRI will work on a variety of novel robotic and industrial control and safety systems in a fast-paced environment with significant responsibilities. He or she will work closely with senior members of our interdisciplinary engineering team and management. HRI is a small company with a dynamic environment. The right candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who brings their best energy, passion, talent, and drive to helping the company succeed.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- BS in electrical, computer, or robotics engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of related engineering experience
- Experience with basic circuit design with I/O intensive microcontrollers
- Experience with a schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Orcad, Allegro, PADs, Eagle, Altium, etc.)
- Experience with wireless communications and RF design would be very helpful
- Familiarity with electrical lab test tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer etc.)
- Experience with development and bringup of embedded Linux on x86 and ARM platforms a plus
- Experience working in regulated and documented development environment
Humanistic Robotics, Inc. is dedicated to making the world safer and more efficient through the use of robotics, with total-system robotic integration and embedded electronics that help other robotic developers achieve their goals. HRI is focused on the development and manufacturing of networked safety and control products enabling industrial and commercial machine builders to make systems that operate more efficiently and safely. Our controls and safety systems continue to be integrated into a wide variety of applications including counter-IED and landmine clearance, construction, agriculture, manufacturing, warehousing, robotics research, and entertainment. We continue to develop products that increase the usability and safety of remotely operated and autonomous systems.
- Projected start date as soon as possible; office located in Center City Philadelphia, PA.
- Responses requested from candidates only; No recruiters please.
- Job Type: Full-time